Sunday, December 21, 2008

Believe

Hi, my name is Chrissy. I am a 27 year old who still writes a letter to Santa each year, and places in the mail to the North Pole (with no return address, don’t need the postal service knowing where I live).

Hi Chrissy.

Why do I still write the letter? Because I still believe. Granted my belief does not constitute that a man will come into my home, while I am sleeping, and leave a Mercedes under my tree. However, my belief is so much more.

I believe in the true wonders of this world that our fragile minds are incapable of grasping. I believe in the powers of those unseen; God, angels, love, romance, faith, wisdom, hope, dreams … I believe in all that we are unable to touch, yet have the power to move us to tears; unable to see, yet have the power to enlighten our lives.

Belief is a powerful tool and one we often neglect to use. Within belief, we have the capability to chance our rational, our way of life; when used, belief allows us to shape our minds to control our future. Santa Claus represents a time in each of our lives where we truly believed in something. Each Christmas morning we would wake in such a deliberate haste to run to the living room, find the empty plate of cookies was replaced with a mound of gifts – each box and bag containing our hearts desires … and believed that Santa listened to us. That while we slept he visited our homes, and left joy under our trees, and in our hearts. How magical was the feeling of Christmas … how magical is it still.

Yes, Virginia there is a Santa Claus is my favorite Christmas read. When read, it gives a gift within its words … the renewal to the power belief can have in your life. To believe in something gives it meaning; and placing that meaning in your life gives you direction.

As Christmas is soon to pass us by, take the time to believe again … After all, Santa lives in our hearts and will continue to do so as long as we believe …
Merry Christmas.

Yes, Virgina, there is a Santa Claus

2 comments:

  1. belief! Belief! BELIEF! Those words hold so much power. It's all in the power. You have the power with that word to make anything you want to happen; happen. You have the power with that word to destroy, change, heal, fix or even make your life something better because you believe it to be. Words like belief, hope, faith all carry the same value and the same strength. If you have just one of those words in your mind, heart and soul then you are far better off in life. But, if you carry all three of those words with you...your life is destined to be something wonderful and great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To Anonymous ... what an amazing comment to read. Full of heart, passion, calmness. How true your words are - if we hold each of those with us,, our life is to be something great. The power of applicaiton, mixed with the determination is a receipe for success. I look forward to hearing more from you.

    ReplyDelete