Friday, December 19, 2008

The New Year is almost here

... so I ask you the question - what do you plan to do with it? Let's not put the typical cliche of the title of resolutions to your master plan -- Instead, let's suggest your list is your mantra for the next year. I am still devoting time to discovering myself again, one of the main benefits of organizing this web page is that I am encouraging myself to step out of my realm and onto a new platform of renewal, balance, and lighted avenues I may have been blinded to before.

As children we are asked the question, "What do you want to be when you grow up?". I now take the great advice of Rabbi Shmuley and ask myself, "WHO do I want to be when I grow up?" I ask this question with a great demand behind it; I seek out who it is I am yet to become. I am ready for 2009 like thirst in a desert storm is ready for a drop of rain; I soak up strength to pursue hopes and dreams from a fountain of ambition, inspiration, and desire .... desire to become WHO I want to be.

I encourage each of you to ask yourself the question today: WHO do I want to be when I grow up?

2 comments:

  1. Who do I want to be when I grow up? Geez so many times I have asked myself this question. Who do I want to be, what do I want to do, where is my place in this busy world we call life. Many questions everyday, but with all the questions that I ask myself each and everyday, I believe that it points me into the direction that I should be going, or where I believe I should be going, for now. I have no "title" as for what I want to be when I grow up, but I do know that it will be fit for me and only me, and of course my best-friend Chrissy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh ... the five "W" in life - who, what, when, where, and why ... each have a complex yet simple meaning to our lives. I am finding that with each passing day, when I do not take time to reflect on Who I want to be I feel the day has been a waste. I am not naive to think that just by asking the question I can have resolution, but I do hope with each answer to discover another suggested avenue to the direction of where I am going.

    ReplyDelete