Wednesday, January 7, 2009

What's your Purpose?

First, thank you Jessica for sending this link to me - amazing! For most of us we are still struggling to find what our purpose in life is suppose to be. We have moments of clarity when we believe we are headed in the right direction, and even moments of pure "Ah HA!" where we know we are. However, how many of us are actually fulfilling our true purpose?

When I came up with the title "Plan B" I went with my first reaction. I think sometime ago, before I became an adult, before I had Thomas, before I had a house and bills and life struggles, I had a "Plan A". This was THE plan to have in my life; consisting of pursing medical school, becoming a doctor, helping people. The plan also had many virtues I wanted to exhibit in my life; compassion, love, generosity, devoation. After many years of just being in life I woke up one day. The thought of being a doctor was no longer a true passion of mine, but what was worse is that I had no idea who I was or wanted to be.

So, Plan B ... rediscover who I am and what direction I am TRULY heading. We have a clue of what we want, but we never really devote time to the actual understanding and defining of our exsitence. In this link is a way to sit down and write out numerous rough drafts of what your purpose is, until you unlock the mystery and redisover your new plan .... grab a pen, paper, some highlighters and for us ladies, some tissues ... discover those inner secrets, unleash your desires, fulfull your purpose!

How to Discover Your Purpose!

1 comment:

  1. When I came across that link, I just knew I had to share it with you. I believe we are all trying to figure out the purpose of our lives, and sometimes we may need to hear another opinion on the matter. The more knowledge you consume the beter understanding I believe you will have on the matter.
    I would like to think that this blogspot is a way for all of us to come together and possible help eachother, & to guide eachother no matter what the subject matter is.

    I am going to do what that link says, and I will comment back with my results.

    ReplyDelete