Thursday, February 26, 2009

Remember to Find Your Way

When something is troubling your worried mind, ask yourself this question: “Will this issue really make a difference in my life one year from now?” If the answer is no, move on.

If we would apply the above logic to our lives, I have a sneaky suspicion each of us would be living an extremely different life. When I saw this article, Reminders to Help You Find Your Way, in my email inbox, I admit I was skeptical; my impression was I was about to read a "follow the marshmallow trail to the chocolate fountain" type of material and easily get one line in and accidentally hit that little x up in the corner ... it would have totally been an accident, scouts honor. However, I was proven wrong, and I do not like to admit that (at least out loud). The article held logical, APPLICABLE, instructions that could be helpful in your journey of finding your way... simple instruction that once read and carried out, has the power to make an impactful change on your life. There are 34 of them ... I am not asking you to live each one to a creed, but I hope that you can walk away from this reading with a few of your favorites that can make a difference in your world. I know I have mine ....

Live in a few different cities, states, or even countries before your time is up. The life experiences gained in each location will open your eyes again and again for the first time.

Beginnings and endings… Both are powerful. Both are memorable. Both are necessary. Don’t be afraid to start. Don’t be afraid to bring something to an end.

Dreams will remain dreams forever if you don’t take action.

As long as you are alive, there is always more to learn.

Don’t spend your whole life waiting for the ‘right time’.

1 comment:

  1. here are a few that spoke to me... loud and clear!
    *When you die you can’t take anything or anyone with you. This includes your family, friends, money and belongings. Memories are all that remain. Make them count.
    *The key to saving and maintaining a relationship starts with two simple words: “I’m sorry.”
    *Never underestimate the joy of life’s simple pleasures… like the pull-through parking spot.
    *Why wait to look back on it and laugh? You may as well laugh about it now.
    *Lessons cannot be taught, they can only be learned
    *Own up to your mistakes the instant you realize you’ve made them. People will respect your honesty, and your conscience will thank you
    *Don’t let mistakes from the past corrupt your future ambitions
    *In life and in love, you get what you put in

    ReplyDelete