Friday, February 20, 2009

Who wants to be on my team???

…. As some of you may or may not know, after years of tests, needles, doctors, medications, hospital visits, and frustration, I was recently diagnosed with Coronary Artery Spasms / Variant Angina. In English this means my arteries constrict, blocking the blood flow to my heart. The severity is that these spasms come on even when I don’t feel them and especially in the early morning hours of 3 – 5am while I think I am comfortably sleeping. Two weeks ago I began taking medication twice a day every day from now until ……. I have a good diet, but need to watch certain things; exercise is making a comeback into my life; and emotional stress needs to be kept at a minimum (chuckle…). No matter how much this news devastated me, untreated I will have a heart attack; so bring on the pills I say! I am here, and while I am here I will continue my course to make a difference in the lives of others, and in research.

On Saturday, May 2nd, the American Heart Association, the largest voluntary health organization working to prevent, treat and defeat heart disease, stroke and other cardiovascular diseases, will be having the annual HEART WALK, hosted at Busch Stadium beginning at 8am. If you wish to be apart of my team, please send me your information (and anyone that may be joining you) on or before April 24th.

You know you wanna walk …. You know you do …. There will be water carts ….

I know I am not the only one that I know who is affected by a heart condition, or sadly, died of one; and though you each know me (some of you personally ...), I am sure there are many others treated and untreated in your life that are affected.

I hope you will join me in my efforts, and I encourage each of you to seek your own avenue to support … we can never do enough to support research!

3 comments:

  1. I am in! Just tell me what I need to do and I'll be there with bells on! We will walk on with our bad selves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will WALK with you!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be there! No matter what! What info do you need?

    ReplyDelete