Thursday, March 12, 2009

Break, and Challenge Fears with Actions!

I think it was Tuli Kupferberg who said it best... "When patterns are broken, new worlds emerge."

Its official, I broke.

Wednesdays are Thomas’ swimming lessons. Its my one day lately that I get to break from study sessions, office politics, pressures of life in general, to be where my heart is – with my beloved son. The time away from him lately is exasperating me, and although I know that this is short term, it still hurts none the less. Yesterday, I reached my max on the demands at bay and to make matters worse, I was stuck at the office and running late for my date with my son ….

Fast-forward: At 11pm last night I was propped up against my kitchen cabinets looking at Christmas lights that Thomas refuses to let me take down (yes, I am going to blame that on him …). I had uncovered the liquor that I hid from myself and was nestled in comfortably with my shot glass, Tequila bottle, and Pomegranate Martinis to chase. There in that moment, I cried. I let it all out. The frustrations, the stress, the overwhelming sense of anxiety and pressure were being released in wave after wave of falling tears. And then, in true Chrissy fashion, the tears stopped and my giggle of laughter took over.

Fast-forward yet again: This morning, I am told I am radiating a glow …. I am all smiles and sunshine again. And I owe it all to the stress playing out in my universe. The universe is going to send pressures like an army invading a foreign land. I scream, LET THEM COME! For this invasion will overwhelm, and cause this nasty thing called doubt. I began to doubt myself and my ability to overcome, to face and achieve, to challenge and win. Conversely, when I was laughing last night I keyed in on one main principle of the moment: Two negatives make a positive … use that energy to create a new emerging world, one that brings back your fight, your fire, your sense of being …. One that faces your fears and takes action … one that welcomes challenge for you know you can and will achieve.

I asked myself, “Are you going to let these things get the better of you? Defeat you? Hinder your success? Eliminate your confidence?”

My reply, “Not on its last breath of attempt. Bring on the force, for I am one to be reckon with” … and so are you.

I broke my pattern last night of frustration and remembered my inner strength is key to achievement. Today is a new day, and I am prepared to challenge myself further. I needed to release in order to take on more; it’s a science. A whole new world has emerged … and I am eager to get back out there and attain!

Thoughts become things … choose the good ones.

This is a site that sends me a daily note from the universe personally addressed to me. I just read todays and it says:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sometimes when you're ready for a change, Chrissy, and you kind of know it but won't admit it, when it comes, not only are you surprised, but it hurts.

Yeah, I know that doesn't help much, unless you remember the "ready" part. Because there is simply no change that might ever transpire in time and space that happens before you're fully able to use it for your own growth and glory.


So hey, Chrissy, may as well just act like you had personally requested it, and soar. Because, truthfully, you did, and, honestly, you can.
Love watching you create, The Universe
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Watch me soar!!! I challenge my fears with actions … In two weeks I will be licensed, and most of my current stress will be at rest. I get to sit back and say, I overcame. I believed, and achieved. The rest of life’s stress? Will inevitably be a part of our lives … but if you can use it as a tool rather than a hindrance, it can bring a new world time and again … worlds that reminds us that we can achieve victory in endeavors, overcome fears, and giggle at the pressures of life … besides, they help shape us to achieve more, to push ourselves further, to reach peaks we would otherwise never see .... and I for one would not have it any other way.

4 comments:

  1. You go girl!! Thats all I have to say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like The Universe knows what it's talking about

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're getting it! And you will "get it" again, over and over, because that's the way it is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep working it! Pain and confusion creates faith. Faith makes you strong.

    ReplyDelete