Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Which Direction?

When faced with a fork in the road, a sharp turn to the left or a slight to the right, how do you know which direction to take? And more importantly, how do you know at what time you make the navigational check mate?

For me, I ponder to much; I give more weight to the strategical aspect and not enough to my heart's desire ... if I was truly listening to my heart, I would be following my dreams instead of sitting in the middle of the road looking at both of options and neglecting to remember: by sitting still making "no decision" I am still making a choice not to move forward and in turn, not fulfilling my purpose. Plan B is a breading ground for learning -- I just educated myself on how I need to throw out my map and go with instinct.

Your turn: When do you know when is the right time to take a different path in your life?

2 comments:

  1. I think that in life it is healthy to at times be selfish and follow the road of desire. When you are older you don't want to live with the regret of never tasting your dreams, even just a little bit. At this time in my life, I am follow my dreams and setting goals that will help to lead me down that path. Obstacles will be overcome and challenges must be met. There is no "right" time to do it. You just have to put all of your cards on the table and hope you pull off a Royal Flush. Life is allot like poker, metaphorically. It will hand you a flop every now and then, it's up to you to risk your chances to win the pot. Your circumstances are of course) different than mine; however,that does not mean that you have to hold yourself back. Challenge yourself and just go with the flow. As the old saying goes, "A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step". You will never be fulfilled if you do not take a chance; a higher purpose will always be pulling at your spirit. The longer you take to follow that higher purpose; the more it will be nawing at your insides. At least if you try, you can say you did v. just wishing you had. Don't do it just for you, do it to set an example for your son. An example to follow his heart and dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A journey of a thousand miles does begin with the first step, but before that, the thought of the step. We must learn to give ourselves time to think, courage to act on the thoughts, and joy in the outcome, whatever that is. "Nothing's either right or wrong, but thinking makes it so." Last sentence definitely not true in all cases, but it is a starting point to think on, and realize that it is our judgments at any given time which determines rightness or wrongness. Blessings and peace! Karen

    ReplyDelete