Friday, July 31, 2009

If You Just Smile

“You’re never fully dressed without a smile.”
―Martin Charnin

You don't want to be caught up in a scandal that involves you not being fulled dressed do you? Oh I can just see the headlines now - complete with pictures! And don't think for an instant that for the right price I would not snap off a few and sell them to the press myself!

.... so get dressed already .... we can avoid such a front page gasp and in exchange change your outlook with a flash of those pearly whites. That's the power of a smile - it completes you, changes your attitude, and in turn changes the world around you. Have you never heard the expression that a smile is contagious? You smile at the stranger in the elevator and an instant boost uplifts your spirit. You smile at the store clerk and suddenly the grocery bill is a little less taxing. You smile at your best friend and a soothing feeling takes hold. You smile at yourself in the mirror, and you give yourself a fresh start, a new look, for the day.

The lyrics of the Nat King Cole song come to mind: "Although a tear may be ever so near - That's the time you must keep on trying - Smile, whats the use of crying? - You'll find that life is still worthwhile - If you just smile"

... I am going to be singing that song for the rest of the day now ...

So try it on for size ... If you just smile it could be the missing piece to your ensemble and in turn change your appearance on the outside, as well as on the inside ...

2 comments:

  1. YES!!! I LOVE THIS!!! It's so true! Sometimes anyone ever needs is just a warm smile from a stranger, a friend, or a loved one to make their day a little brighter. I for one, am going to be completely dressed today.. the sun is shining, it's Friday, and I have people surrounding me that truly love and care for me, and I for them in return. In the words of my daddy (yes I still call him that. Father is WAY to formal for our bond) "Life is good, PRAISE GOD, life is good!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. S.M.I.L.E.
    Simply
    Make
    It
    Look
    Easy

    ReplyDelete