Friday, October 9, 2009

Random thoughts of Comfort

On this rainy dreary day, when the world seems so cold and gloomy, its nice to cuddle up with some warmth. I hope the following odds and ends provide some of that to you this weekend ... and hopefully stay with you even after Monday begins ...

“Accidents, coincidences, and serendipities don’t create dreams. Your dreams create them. Dream away.” - The Universe

Grab a pad of paper: List five NON MATERIALISTIC items you really wish you had …. Then sit back for a few moments and think why you answered the way you did.
My list: Inner Peace, Calm, Balance, Closure, and the Giggles... The giggles on days when I neglect to remember the simple pleasures in life …

“I’m a push-through kind of person. Something happens and it’s not going to stop me from doing what I’m going to do.” – Actress and breast cancer survivor Christina Applegate

A Simple Truth Piece

The present
+ An attitude of gratitude
+ Positive action
= My perfect life.


- An article to make you reflect on the present and not so much on the future. How about creating your own list of a few things that you are grateful for …
Here is a handful of mine: Meaningful, close relationships, friendships that surpass expectations, and with no conditions. A warm inviting home. A son who teaches me every day something incredible. God who tries to speak to me even when I am not listening, especially when I am not listening …

Winning Back Control
- Once again one of my favorite magazines has brought a dynamite piece centered on taking the control back in your life. We all feel it from time to time – out of control – lost – looking for direction / guidance / a personal assistant … At times we feel “out of control” over our personal and professional time, perhaps our finances, and even, yes, most particularly, our emotions …

“ Have you noticed that the more you hurry, the slower you go – the more you wait, the longer it takes – the more you worry, the less you dream – but the more you live, love and laugh, the more you live love, and laugh” – The Universe

No comments:

Post a Comment